Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby Nutritarian!


Can infants live the clean eating lifestyle?  You bet!


In fact, I believe clean is the healthiest and most natural way for an infant to eat.  My sweet daughter, Naomi, is 8 months: the age of teething, scooting and putting everything into her mouth.  Who doesn't want to give their child the best health and nutrition possible?

That's why I choose to make our own baby food from ripe, organic fruits and vegetables.  Mashing up freshly bought bananas, apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, avocados and even mangoes gives my baby food that is better tasting, and more full of nutrients than the heated, and packaged kind that has been sitting on the store shelf for who knows how long.

It's so easy to make: you just cook the harder varieties like green beans and carrots enough so they mash well.  Put them in a food processor or mash with a fork.  I usually feed her an appropriate item from whatever I'm making.  Yesterday, it was asparagus and avocados, so that's what she got.  This morning was bananas and today for lunch will be green beans.  I'm already making it anyway so it doesn't take any more time and it gives me peace of mind knowing my baby is getting the very best.

I'd love to hear any other homemade baby food recipes out there or advice on feeding an infant healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment